Vanier Canada Graduate scholarships For International Students 2021- Full Funded
Deadline: before 3 Nov 2021 (annual)
Study in: Canada
The course starts May/Sept 2021
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) was established to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and to make Canada a global center of excellence in research and higher learning. The scholarships are towards a doctorate and PH.D. programs.
Canadian Universities with Vanier CGS allocation. Without exclusion, the Vanier CGS is tenable only at the eligible Canadian institution that submitted the nomination.
Level/Field(s) of study in Canada:
Ph.D. programs (or combined MA/Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D.) in health research; natural sciences and/or engineering research; and social sciences and/or humanities research
An eligible doctoral program must include an important research component that leads to the completion of a thesis, major research project, dissertation, scholarly publication, performance, recital, and/or exhibit that is merit/expert-reviewed at the institutional level as a requirement for completion of the program.
Joint graduate research programs with a professional degree (e.g., MD/Ph.D., DVM/Ph.D., JD/Ph.D.) as well as clinically-oriented programs of study, including clinical psychology, are also eligible programs if they have a significant autonomous research component, as described above.
Number of Scholarships:
Up to 166 scholarships are awarded annually.
Canadian students, permanent residents of Canada, and international students are eligible to be nominated for a Vanier CGS.
The Vanier Canada scholarships are worth $50,000 per year for three years.
Eligibility Criteria for Vanier Canada Graduate scholarships 2021
To be considered for a Vanier CGS, you have to:
- be pointed by only one Canadian institution, which must have received a Vanier CGS quota;
- be pursuing your first doctoral degree (including joint undergraduate/graduate research programs such as MD/Ph.D., DVM/Ph.D., JD/Ph.D. – if it has a demonstrated and significant research component). Note that only the Ph.D. portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- have completed no more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of 1 May 2021
- in order to seek, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate program such as MD/Ph.D., DVM/Ph.D., JD/Ph.D.) studies and research at the nominating institution;
- It is important to note that only the Ph.D. portion of a combined degree is available for funding;
- have completed no more than 32 months of full-time study in their doctoral program, by 1 May 2021 if enrolled in a joint graduate research program, e.g., MD/Ph.D., MA/Ph.D., DVM/Ph.D. Applicants that fall into this category have access to the 32-month window whether or not they were previously enrolled in a Master’s program; or
- have completed no more than 32 months of full-time study in their doctoral program by 1 May 2021 if increased straightly from a Bachelor’s to a Ph.D. (no time spent in a Master’s program), or
- have completed no more than 32 months of full-time study in their doctoral program by 1 May 2021 if accelerated from a Master’s degree into a Doctoral program without gaining the Master’s degree.
- have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your institution, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent. Candidates are encouraged to contact the institution for its definition of a first-class average, and
- should not hold, or have held, a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC, or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
How to Apply for Scholarship in Canada / Application instructions Vanier Canada Graduate scholarships 2021
Applications are currently closed.
Candidates must be nominated by a Canadian Institution with an allocation at which they want to study. Candidates cannot apply straight to the Vanier CGS program.
Applications are initiated in one of two ways. In the first way, the student informs the faculty of graduate studies at the selected institution of their intent to apply to the Vanier CGS program OR the institution initiates the nomination process by contacting the desired candidate.
Applications are prepared by the student. Applications submitted to the appointed institution by their internal deadline using the ResearchNet application system. The nominating institution then recommended nominations to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat (the Secretariat) by 3 November 2020.
It is important to visit the official website of the University of Canada. To learn more about the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship.
Official Website: https://vanier.gc.ca/en/home-accueil.html